Friday, April 22, 2011

Flower Girl Basket

Remember this post from a little bit ago where I showed you my amazing finds while thrifting with Cameron?  One of the amazing finds was a flower girl basket for $.50!


It was a great find seeing as how other flower girl baskets I have seen are going for $20-$30!  Umm heck no!  The only problem was that it was predictable, and definitely not cute enough for my flower girl.  Solution: get crafty and make it amazing!

I decided to start by bringing in gray by using the fabric flowers I have been making for the bridesmaid dresses.


Sadly I burnt myself while hot gluing the flowers around the edge.  I thought you would enjoy my pitiful sad face (Cameron thought it was funny).



I just glued flowers all around the edge, and tried to alternate from small to medium flower size.



Here is what the basket looked like with the fabric flowers all around the edge.




I took the rhinestone center from the original basket, and stitched it on to the center of a flower.  I really enjoy the look!

At this point in my project, I knew that I wanted to incorporate some yellow so I headed over to Jo-Ann Fabrics to pick up a variety of yellow ribbon.  I'll do a breakdown of that shopping trip at a later date :)



I simply wrapped the half inch yellow ribbon around the handle and secured it at both ends with some hot glue :)



I am really happy with how the basket turned out, and a bonus is that my flower girl is as well!

2 comments:

  1. satin wedding dresses
    shop online chocolate brown satin evening dress
    two piece formal dresses
    only the most beautiful are meant for a perfect beauty like you!
    View more dresses, please click http://www.jadegown.com.au
    For more dresses information, please email at jadegown.com.au@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers