Monday, June 6, 2011

Stunning finish to the manzanita branches

The manzanita branch centerpieces are finally finished!  If you remember back a ways I wrote about finding the perfect yellow pails to place them in, but I am just now getting around to finishing the project.

Cameron and I enlisted the help of our amazing friend Victoria to help us with the messy plaster of paris step :)

At first we did not know how much plaster of paris to mix with a small amount of water, so to solve this problem we just made a large batch that we could scoop into the individual pails.

Warning: It sets up quicker than the box will tell you!  By the end we were all rushing around and trying to fill the pails before they hardened to the point that we could not insert the branches.

After all of the branches were in their pails, I knew that I wanted to add a little bit of embellishment.  Cameron and I made a quick trip to JoAnne's and picked up fabric flowers for 50% of and I proceeded to hot glue them to the branches.

The final look is exactly what I wanted and it is very reminiscent of this look that I showed you in my original manzanita branch post.

I am so excited to see them on the tables at the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment