Sunday, May 29, 2011

And the wedding planning continues...

Wow.  What a week it has been.  Last Sunday life for many in Joplin, MO was turned upside down by a terrible act of nature, and this past week has changed how I look at a lot of things.  I have been able to witness kindness and generosity that I did not know existed, and I have also observed a town filled with so much love and dedication to one another to continue moving forward.  I am so proud to be able to have our wedding in such an amazing town, and I hope that I can show them even an ounce of kindness that I have witnessed them all sharing with each other this week.

Even in all of the chaos of this week, wedding planning must go on.  I wanted to share another one of my wedding DIY projects with you.  This one involves making the silverware bundles for dinner.  Because our wedding is outside I knew that I wanted disposable napkins and silverware, but I still wanted them to look nice and fit with our theme.  We bought the plastic silverware that looks like metal to achieve a nice look.


We got really lucky and found the heavy napkins that I wanted with gray flowers along the bottom!  Vanity Fair was thinking about my wedding theme when they made them ;)



All we did to assemble them was roll the silverware in the napkin and secure with yellow curling ribbon.



I am really happy with the finished product, and I think they carry the theme really well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers