When we started the night she worked to finish up the bridesmaid bouquets that I still had to finish, and I worked on sewing more fabric flowers (they are the death of me! easy but take so much time). When she finished with the bridesmaid bouquets that I had on hand we were at a crossroads of going to buy the items necessary to finish the bouquets and make the boutennaires or sew some more... we chose to go buy flowers!!!
I had already picked up a bouquet of small yellow roses to match the bridesmaids bouquets, but I just wasn't sure how I wanted to use them. Here are a few ideas that I was working off of from around the internet:
Okay enough of the examples... it's time for me to show you what we came up with!
First here is an adorable picture of Mina excited to work on boutennaires :) (sorry for the blurriness)
And a lovely picture of the mess of fabric flowers strewn all over my living room :)
And here is what we created!
I am so happy with the final product!!!! It is pretty, delicate, vintage yet contemporary at the same time. Everything I was hoping to create!
Here is Mina wrapping the stems with the pewter ribbon (to match the bridesmaid bouquets). And please take a moment to look at her rock! Absolutely gorgeous!
And here is a picture of Cameron's boutennaire. I wanted his to be slightly different and match my bouquet, so I added a calla lilly.
I was really intimidated to start this project, but I am so glad that I took the plunge. They turned out exactly how I wanted them to and I saved so much money by doing them myself. I got the best of both worlds: cost effective and perfection :) This is a happy bride!