Monday, January 7, 2013

One for One

Today was my first day back at work.  The break was wonderful, and I cannot say that I was super pumped to head back today, but it was a good day as far as work standards go ;)



This break seemed to fly by (which could be due to the 9 days on the road) and this past week was the only one that felt truly relaxing.  It was nice to go back this morning and feel rested and ready for emails, event planning, and preparing for classes next week.

If you follow me on Instagram and Facebook you have already seen this story, but I wanted to share it again because it has really touched me.  One of the burdens God has placed on my heart (and thankfully on my hubby's as well) is the desire to be a foster parent one day and adopt most (or all) of the children that will be in our home.  This sounds crazy to some, but my heart hurts when I think of the children in the foster care system that will never know what it is like to have a forever home and family that loves them unconditionally.  We want our home to be that for child out there.

Last night I read the story of one family who has had their foster daughter since birth and is now trying to adopt her and make her a permanent part of their family.  Joy blogs about her family at Small Town Joy and has created the "One for One" challenge to raise the funds to adopt "Pie".  This is a chance for this one child to know unconditional love and stay with the only family she has ever known that loves her and wants her.  If you feel led to donate to their adoption visit her site, and if you do not have excess funds consider praying for this family and their journey.  I want to read sometime soon that "Pie" has been officially adopted, and see their new family photo with her in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers