Friday, October 14, 2011

Marriage Journal

Hello from Little Rock!  I am here for the week training, and I am missing home like crazy!  Tomorrow is our two month anniversary (yay!) and I would much rather be home than here for the occassion.  To up my spirits I thought I would write a post and share an amazing gift with all of you :)  Sound like a plan?

Cameron and I were blessed with amazing pre-marital counselors that not only helped us to talk through important issues that may arise in our marriage, but also want to be our friends and mentors through the years.  For my Springfield shower, Henrietta came and gave me two books; "The Power of Praying Wife" and "The Power of a Praying Husband".  Cameron and I are both currently reading them, and I promise to do a review when we finish.  In addition to the great books, she told me that her and Rick were looking for a marriage journal to give us but hadn't found the perfect one.  This is the point when I looked at her with a puzzled look and asked her to explain.

Her and Rick started a marriage journal later in their marriage, and really wished that they had had one from the beginning.  The journal serves as a way of documenting big events that take place during the course of your marriage.  She recommended making an entry every year on your anniversary and writing about events that took place during the last year, how you're growing closer to your spouse, and what things you are both excited for to take place in the next year.  She said there is nothing better than looking back over their previous entries and seeing just how much their marriage has endured. 

Cameron and I loved the idea, and set out to find the perfect journal to write our love story in :)  And we found the journal at Harry Potter World on our honeymoon (of course!).


A Hogwarts journal to document our marriage memories... it doesn't get much more perfect than that!

Our first entry was to write down our perspectives of our wedding day.  I wanted to get all of the memories down while they were still fresh in our minds :)



I am really excited to have a way to capture the journey that our marriage will take, and be able to look back and reflect on how far we have come as couple.  To anyone that is getting married or already is married I HIGHLY recommend investing in a marriage journal.  You won't regret having the ups and downs of your marriage documented to reflect and learn from :)

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I love it! ps you have awesome handwriting :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers