Monday, September 24, 2012

Fear

Happy Monday!  I had intentions of sharing a quick fruit dip recipe, but I started reading my book and felt guided to share some musings.  Fruit dip recipe can wait a few days ;)

I am currently reading "Making Room for God in Your Hectic Life" by Keri Wyatt Kent.  I bought the book a while ago, but have really started getting in to it this past week and felt so rejuvenated by the topics and encouragement that is part of each chapter.  


The chapter I am currently on is called humble and it is discussing the inner struggle between living simple and honoring God's wishes and living in a race with everyone around us.  It discusses reasons that we feel a pull towards competing with those around us, and one of the biggest is fear.  Lately I have had a strong fear that I have no skills and will graduate with my masters no better than I was before.  I fear never finding a job that I am excited and motivated to go to, and that truly makes a difference in my community.  I look around at the success of friends and classmates, and wonder what I am missing or am doing wrong.

At the time when I needed it God used this book to set my worries straight and encourage me to continue following Him.  God placed me at Missouri State again and he provided me with a graduate assistant position.  I have to trust that he placed me where I am and that he is going to use my education as a catalyst for the future he has planned for me.  I do not need to compare myself to others because God created me to be an individual and he has a specific plan especially for me.  Why would I want someone else's life if it means I miss out on the blessings God has planned for my own?

Matthew 6: 33-34
"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Please pray as I work out these fears and work on following God and listening for His voice as he directs my path.  If you are going through something similar let me know!  I would love to pray for you as well :)

2 comments:

  1. Bravo Lauren! I must tell you that a very similar fear lurks in the back of my mind. And that you are one of the 'successful friends' I see when I look around. Although I have seen a small glimpse of your struggles via facebook and this blog, I see a strong woman in a beautiful relationship creating a home together and enjoying the simple things in life. I see a woman who may question her place in the career world, but who is destined to make a difference in the lives of others. A woman who knows her worth and isn't going to settle for a mediocre job that might make a difference. I see a woman who is strong in her faith and has a deep love for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Lisa this made me cry (which I am an emotional person so this is to be expected). God used you through these words to encourage and uplift me and I thank you so much for that! You should never have the fear lurking in your mind because you are a wonderful mother to two funny little boys that cares for everyone :) Love you lady!

      Delete

Followers