Monday, February 20, 2012

Will you marry me?

On this day last year my sweet hubby asked me to marry him :)  It was a good day!




To commemorate the day I wanted to share with all of you one of the Valentine's Day gifts I made for the hubby :)

When searching for a Christmas gift for Cameron I came across a love coupon book at Barnes and Noble and thought it was a really cute idea, but not all of the coupons were really "us" (for lack of a better way of putting it).  Even though I didn't like all of the coupons I still thought the idea was really cute and stored it away to use at a later date.  When Valentine's Day rolled around, Cameron and I decided not to do big expensive gifts, but rather cute, inexpensive gifts that made us think of the other person.  And in comes the stored away idea of a coupon book :)

To make his coupon book I used 3 sheets of Valentine themed paper, a coupon template, rubber cement, and some ribbon to tie it all together.



I started by making a coupon template in Word where I could right what the coupon was for.  I used Word because I am not computer savvy, but if you have photoshop I'm sure yours would look way cooler ;)  I wanted the coupon part to be able to lay on top of the fun Valentine paper and have the paper visible around the edges so I was able to get four coupon blurbs (?) on one page.


Once I cut all of the coupons out I simply wrote fun activities and ways to serve him that he would enjoy.  This was the best part of making the coupon book on my own!  I was able to really think about the hubby and what would brighten his day :)


I attached the coupon blurbs to the paper, whole punched all of them on one end, and secured the together with a cute bow :)


The hubs thought it was really fun and he's excited to use all of them :)  I may just have to make him another one for a different occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers