Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How is it hanging?

Happy Wednesday everyone!  I wanted to share with all of you the jewelry hanger I made for my wall and how I did it :)

After seeing this jewelry hanger on Pinterest I knew that I wanted to make one for myself that fit in with the decor of our bedroom.  I started with a plain wood plaque, 4 decorative knobs, lace, and wire and set out to create a way to organize my jewelry.

Love the drawer pulls as earring holders!

Cameron helped me drill holes into the wood plaque and then I applied a few coats of pewter gray paint.




After screwing the doorknobs in to the holes along the bottom of the plaque I set to work with the wire and lace to create a place to hang my earrings.  I wove the wire through the top of the lace and secured the wire in the back by wrapping both ends around a nail.




Now I have a personalized way to hang my jewelry and keep it organized :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers