Wednesday, August 29, 2012

We get by with a little help from our friends

This past weekend we had the opportunity to hang out with lots of friends and I felt overwhelmingly blessed.  Cameron and I went through a phase right after we got married where we prayed diligently for other married friends that loved God, would encourage us and that could put up with us ;)  We were two people with separate friend groups coming together, and we wanted friends that we could hang out with together.

Our friends have definitely been an evolution this past year.  We started spending more time with couples that we both already knew and we have met new ones while branching out at church.  This weekend was a wonderful blending of both of those groups.  We were able to celebrate my GA position with some of our old friends and we out to lunch after church with some wonderful people that we have met just this year through getting more involved and putting ourselves out there.

This weekend I had the "ah ha" moment.  He has provided us with friends to laugh with, share life, look up to, and be real in front of.  And he is planting seeds for more relationships to develop.
This year has been crazy, but through it all God has provided.  Even in the area of friends he has blessed us with couples that want to share in life's joys with us.  There were times when it looked dark, but on the other side of this year I just look back and see the many blessings.

I will end this post with a few more anniversary photos. Thanks to all of you reading for being my friend and a source of encouragement and joy in this crazy life.  I love all of you :)





I am living such a blessed life.  Sigh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers